Crowns and fillings are dental restorations used to fix chips, cracks, fractures, decay, and cosmetic issues. But the conventional way of getting crowns and fillings is a tedious process, which is why at Murray Dental Care we use the CEREC technology to fabricate same day crowns and fillings.
CEREC or Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics has proved to be a game changer in the field of restorative dentistry. It has revolutionized the way teeth were restored in the past. CEREC allows your dentist to restore your teeth with crowns and fillings in a single visit. It uses the CAD/CAM technology to fabricate a crown or filling that restores your damaged teeth in a single visit.
What is the process to get a CEREC crown or filling?
- An oral examination is performed to assess the damaged tooth. X-rays are used to determine the extent of the damage. If your doctor deems you as an eligible candidate to receive a crown or filling, he will proceed to the next step.
- The damaged tooth will be prepared for receiving the restoration, which includes removal of decay and minor drilling to create enough room for the restoration.
- Digital impressions of your tooth are taken to determine the perfect shape, size, and color of your restoration.
- Based on the digital impressions, the CEREC software produces a virtual 3D model of your tooth. Using this model, your dentist will fabricate the restoration on a screen and send the construction to an in-office milling machine.
- The CEREC devise then mills a high-grade ceramic restoration which matches the shape and color of the neighboring teeth.
- The newly fabricated crown or filling is then placed on your tooth and fastened to place using a dental restoration. All this is done in a single visit.
What are the benefits of same day crowns and fillings?
- The most important benefit of getting same day crowns and fillings is that the procedure is completed in a single visit. The entire process is completed in 90 mins, which means that you can walk out of your dentist's office with a new smile in just 90 minutes.
- Same day crown and filling placement incorporate the CEREC technology, which works with great precision and results in the fabrication of restorations that fit the exact color, shape, and size of your teeth.
- The CEREC material is very compatible and kind to the tissues in your mouth. It is high-grade and plaque-resistant.
- The restoration is fabricated from a tooth-colored material and looks and functions like your natural teeth.
At Murray Dental Care of Cupertino, our entire team of dentists and hygienists is committed to providing supreme quality dental care to our patients and their families. If you are inclined towards taking the first steps to improve your dental health and hygiene, call us at (408) 253-5277 to book an appointment.